for personal & social development where all the other pedagogies fail
Traditional and mainstream pedagogies are all developed in peace and for children and youth of relatively stable environments. In the war and for the children and youth of war not only the conditions and circumstances are different but the needs and resources and thereby goals are fundamentally different.
Our pedagogy is extracted from the children and the youth of war themselves and developed on the field together with them since 2002 in Afghanistan. It works perfectly and even better in the chaos and extreme conditions.
For more information, essays, papers and material about the MMCC’s pedagogy please visit this page:
The link would be soon active>
MMCC's main pedagogic elements and key words:
- Focus on the positive & fun
- Avoid focusing on any problems
- Constructive engagement
- Empowering and strengthening self-confidence
- Establishing alternative community (subculture)
- Developing a strong, realistic & practical Iidentity
- Life-Skills training
- Positive attitude education
- Life supporting stimulation?
- Educational & informative activities
- Attention span expansion
- By children & for children
- Facilitating & providing
- Logistics made for children